How to Obtain a Visa to Seek Work in Germany For a Period of 6 Months
Today we are going to talk about how to get a job search visa in Germany. This exceptional visa was established by the German authorities to help as many young people from outside the European Union as possible to find a job in Germany. It is the ideal solution for young unemployed people who wish to legally immigrate to Europe.
We would like to emphasize that this article is mainly addressed to unemployed students who have university degrees but could not find a job in their country due to the “Back, Friend, and I’m on to you” policy.
Therefore, if you, dear reader, don’t have a college degree, it doesn’t mean that there aren’t idle people in your neighborhood (your friends, your brothers…) who have earned college degrees and sat around chasing flies. Therefore, don’t be selfish and say I won’t benefit from this article and share it with them, as you might benefit them by doing so and be the one who gets the credit after Allah.
What is a visa or job seeker visa in Germany?
A job seeker visa is a license that allows the holder to travel to Germany and stay there for up to 6 months to look for work.
Therefore, a person must find a nice woman during this period, otherwise, he or she will be forced to return to his or her country without desire.
If a person can find a work contract within the time limit, he/she will be able to get a work permit.
This work permit allows her to work, live and reside in Germany.
This means that once a suitable job is found, you can immediately apply for an EU Blue Card or residence permit in Germany – without having to leave the country.
What is the difference between a work visa in Germany and a job search visa in Germany?
There is a difference between a work visa in Germany and a visa to look for a job in Germany.
Because the holder of a work visa has already found a job in Germany, and because of this, he/she applies for a visa.
As for the visa for job search, it is granted to job seekers, in order to search for an opportunity for them in the German labor market.
In case the person does not find a job during the period granted in the visa, he/she has to return to his/her country.
Requirements for obtaining a job search visa in Germany
In order for anyone to obtain a visa for a job seeker in Germany, they must meet certain requirements
- Have a master’s or bachelor’s degree from a German university or an equivalent degree from a university in their country.
- He/she must have at least 5 years of professional experience in his/her field of study
- Have sufficient funds to reside in Germany for a period of 6 months as he/she will be prohibited from working during this period until a work permit is obtained.
- It is not necessary to be fluent in the German language, but it is recommended that the person has at least a degree in English.
Documents required to obtain a work search visa in Germany for the year 2022
The documents required for a work visa in Germany for Moroccans or Algerians or for all Arab and Maghreb countries are the same, and the difference remains in the place of application (at the German consulate in Morocco or in Algeria…)
In general, these are the documents required in the application for a work visa in Germany.
- The passport is valid for at least 12 months after the application is submitted.
- Two recent biometric photos.
- A copy of all pages of your passport (with previous visas provided if applicable).
- Long-Term Visa Application.
- A curriculum vitae of the applicant including professional background, diplomas obtained…
- Your diploma or a diploma recognized in Germany (anyone wishing to apply for this visa must first enter this link in order to evaluate the certificate he/she obtained in his/her country, i.e. the equivalence of his/her certificate, and to know its value in Germany.
- An address in Germany to indicate your place of residence, is it a hotel, a house, a letter of invitation…
- A cover letter stating the position you are seeking, the reasons why you chose it, alternative career plans…
- Demonstrate financial capacity and must have a bank account of 4,500 euros or more.
- Health insurance covers the duration of your stay in Germany.
- Pay the visa fee.
Job search form in Germany :
After gathering the necessary documents, the final step is to fill out an application form at the German embassy office for a job seeker visa.
We will leave you the addresses of some German embassies in some Arab countries
After submitting the form, an appointment will be made for the interview.
The interview will take place with the embassy or consulate staff, and the applicant must convince them that he/she is worthy of obtaining a visa to seek work in Germany.